[csw-maintainers] new git version 1.7.7.1 please ...

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 31 01:06:41 CET 2011

Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Sun Oct 30 08:22:23 -0400 2011:

Hi Rupert,

> I'd looked at the 1.7.7 upgrade but at the time, the newer
> subversion release was seeing tests that broke.  I didn't have the
> time to look then.  In the meantime, the new subversion has gone
> release (it was beta something then) and 1.7.7.1 has been released.
> I'll get an update out asap.

I just filed a bug on CSWpmsvn.  The SVN::Ra binding (which
Git::SVN::Ra uses) breaks with URL's containing spaces.  When run
under the git test suite, the file:// url has a space.  I did a bit of
digging into the subversion code but not a lot.

I'm happy to run the tests with the svn ones disabled to ensure
everything else passes and then release the update.  (I imagine that
the current git release would suffer this same fate on the new svn
anyway, so I doubt we're farther behind.)

Thanks