[csw-maintainers] catalog name does not match pkg name

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Sep 4 19:59:01 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Juergen Arndt's message of Sun Sep 04 13:45:22 -0400 2011:

Hi Juergen

> while rebuilding and updating the munin packages, checkpkg gives
> back the error "catalogname-does-not-match-pkgname" because the
> catalog name contains an underscore and the package name doesn't:
> munin_master <--> CSWmuninmaster

I think the nicer (human consumable) names are
munin_master/CSWmunin-master, etc.  To reach this goal, you could
rename all of the package and catalog items in the GAR recipe and then
add things like:

OBSOLETED_BY_CSWmunin-master = CSWmuninmaster
SPKG_CATALOG_NAME_CSWmuninmaster = munin_master_stub

The second line ensures that the _stub name will be $old_catalog_name
+ _stub which we agreed was the requirement a while back.

These lines in your recipe will see an empty package
munin_master_stub/CSWmuninmaster created that depends on
munin_master/CSWmunin-master.  The benefit to the user is that the
catalog name they are used to using stays the same.  The dependencies
ensure that anyone with CSWmuninmaster will get the new (stub) package
and also the new (real) CSWmunin-master.

You can do this for the other packages to sanitize the names as well.

(Note that my preference is to use _ and - to separate the name parts
but that doesn't mean you have to do it that way if you prefer
muninmaster/munincommon, etc.)

Thanks