[csw-maintainers] dropping support for solaris 9?

Jesse Reynolds jesse at opencsw.org
Mon Sep 5 01:39:49 CEST 2011

Are there any stats on how widely OpenCSW is used? And what proportion on
Solaris 9?

Personally, I think it makes sense to drop support for Solaris 9 when Oracle
do. But the Solaris 9 frozen package archive should remain online, and easy
instructions given on the website of how to point your solaris 9 boxes at it
(though with warnings that there's going to be no maintenance for them,
other than DIY).