[csw-maintainers] GCC 4.6 progress

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 8 23:53:10 CEST 2011

2011/9/6 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> I've already tried using LDFLAGS, --with-boot-ldflags,
> LDFLAGS_FOR_TARGET and LD_OPTIONS, nothing worked.

I made some experiments (it's like doing natural sciences with two
large, opaque objects) and established that I can, after all,
influence the build by setting LD_OPTIONS.

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/15573

I'm running a full build again, to verify that my solution in fact
works.  I'll then proceed with testing.

I also pushed to unstable two Ada's dependencies: PPL and cloog.  When
I get a working set of packages without Ada, I'll add it to the
configured list of languages and fire the build off again. For now,
I'm focusing on getting the base set of languages (C, C++, Fortran,
Objc, Java) working.