[csw-maintainers] gar, checkpkg and subversion ... bratislava?

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 12 00:50:01 CEST 2012

No dia 11 de Abr de 2012 21:44, "Ben Walton" <bwalton at opencsw.org> escreveu:

> Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Wed Apr 11 16:36:53 -0400 2012:
>
> Hi Rupert,
>
> > the subversion lists feedback was: do not build with subversion
> > installed. we do build with subversion installed. would it be
> > possible that you could find a solution in bratislava how to handle
> > this in future?
>
> That seems like a pretty awful requirement.  We _should_ be able to
> find something that's sane/reasonable.

Linking against chosen library may be tricky, but why should subversion not
manage that while other software projects manage to do that without
problems? Maybe it's a deeply rooted problem, but I don't see why it should
be deemed unsolvable. Maybe the subversion build code needs to be reviewed
by a lib tool expert? Can we arrange something like that?