[csw-maintainers] Spring cleaning

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 16 22:02:29 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Mon Apr 16 13:44:09 -0400 2012:

> I asked on the users list. If no one responds, we don't need to do
> anything. If someone asks for FF to be added back, we could do it I
> suppose, in the 5.9 catalog only. This means it wouldn't appear on
> the website, for instance. Let's see if anyone responds to my
> question.

The user that responded indicated that they'd like it available
still.  Given that the package will always be present in allpkgs for
those that really want it, removing it from the catalog still seems
like a good choice...that won't remove it from systems, it just
prevents new installations.

At the same time, running an EOL solaris with an EOL firefox really is
a weapon you should be allowed to hurt yourself with, so leaving it in
the catalog isn't a big deal either, I guess.

Thanks