[csw-maintainers] setting *FLAGS?

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 19 17:31:20 CEST 2012

> The correct solution is
>   BDB_HOME = $(prefix)/bdb48
>   EXTRA_LIB = $(BDB_HOME)/lib
>   EXTRA_INC = $(BDB_HOME)/include
>
> The main difference is that EXTRA_LIB propapages correctly to -L and -R
> during LDFLAGS and LD_OPTIONS and additionally gets the 64 bit subdir
> appended on 64 bit ISAs.

Great, thanks for setting me straight with this

Yesterday I was trying to build it by running configure and gmake manually.

Today I'm trying to build with mgar - I've added resiprocate to the mgar
repository.

However, I still find that the binaries refuse to link.  All the
libraries compile and link, but when it tries to make a binary, it fails

Exactly the same code compiles and runs on Linux, so I suspect it is
some variation in CXXFLAGS or LDFLAGS - are there any common problems
with C++ code that need a particular flag on Solaris/SunPro?

$ mgar clean && mgar build

libtool: link: /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -xO3 -m32 -xarch=sparc
-I/opt/csw/bdb48/include -DRESIP_OSTYPE_SUNOS -DRESIP_ARCH_SPARC
-DRESIP_LARCH_SPARC -D_REENTRANT -DRESIP_TOOLCHAIN_SUNPRO -m32
-xarch=sparc -o .libs/repro repro.o  -L/opt/csw/lib -L/opt/csw/bdb48/lib
./.libs/librepro.so -ldb_cxx ../resip/dum/.libs/libdum.so
../resip/stack/.libs/libresip.so ../rutil/.libs/librutil.so
-library=stlport4 -lcares -lrt -lssl -lpthread -lsocket -lnsl -R/opt/csw/lib
void resip::SipStack::post(const
std::auto_ptr<resip::ApplicationMessage>) ./.libs/librepro.so
bool resip::RRCache::lookup(const
resip::Data&,int,int,std::vector<resip::DnsResourceRecord*>&,int&)
../rutil/.libs/librutil.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/repro
gmake[3]: *** [repro] Error 1