[csw-maintainers] libCstd or stlport?

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 20 21:42:43 CEST 2012

I notice that reSIProcate has previously been compiled on Solaris using
-library=stlport, and I believe this is still necessary or the code
doesn't compile.  Without -library=stlport, it stops like this:

libtool: compile:  /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..
-I/opt/csw/bdb48/include -I/opt/csw/include -xO3 -m32 -xarch=sparc
-DRESIP_OSTYPE_SUNOS -DRESIP_ARCH_SPARC -DRESIP_LARCH_SPARC -D_REENTRANT
-DRESIP_TOOLCHAIN_SUNPRO -c DnsUtil.cxx  -KPIC -DPIC -o .libs/DnsUtil.o
"DnsUtil.cxx", line 550: Error: Formal argument x of type const
std::pair<resip::Data, resip::Data>& in call to
std::list<std::pair<resip::Data, resip::Data> >::push_back(const
std::pair<resip::Data, resip::Data>&) is being passed std::pair<char*,
resip::Data>.
1 Error(s) detected.

However, I noticed that dependenices (e.g.
/opt/csw/bdb48/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so) are linked against libCstd

If I add -library=stlport, the code builds, but the repro binary fails
with a Segmentation fault, before it even enters the main function.  The
stack trace shows a combination of libCstd and stlport classes.

Can anyone comment on how to deal with this situation?  Is there a
convenient way to get versions of the dependencies that are not libCstd
dependent?  Or does the upstream project need to drop the requirement
for stlport?

Regards,

Daniel