[csw-maintainers] checkpkg issues with last openssl build

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Fri Apr 27 15:00:44 CEST 2012

Hi Dam,

Thanks for the quick answer.
My comments below.

Le 27 avril 2012 14:47, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> a écrit :

> > I used to have an override for this one, but the temporary path
> (/tmp/pkg_*) preprended now prevents it from working.
> > Is this some bug in the GAR system ?
>
> First the RPATH of /opt/csw/lib/sparcv8plus+vis containing the ISA suffix
> looks wrong.
> Are you not also using $ISALIST? Then this could be skipped.

The old 0.9.7 libraries are pre-compiled, I didn't re-compile them since
some time.
I would rather drop these old libraries, there are not supported by
upstream anymore and there are only four package still linked to 0.9.7:
 jabberd, conserver, libpq and anjuta (see
https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/search.php?project_id=0&search=0.9.7&sticky_issues=on&sortby=last_updated&dir=DESC&hide_status_id=90)

> Maybe Maciej has an idea on the tmp pathes.
>
> To get going you can override all RPATH errors with
>  CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWlibssl0-9-8 += bad-rpath-entry

Thanks, will do that while waiting for the final fix.

> > * Unused Override: CSWossldevel: surplus-dependency CSWlibssl-dev
> > * Unused Override: CSWosslutils: archall-devel-package
> > * Unused Override: CSWossl: archall-devel-package
> > * Unused Override: CSWosslrt: archall-devel-package
> >
> > These ones are automatically added by "OBSOLETED_BY" macros, I could
> stop using the macro but I would rather have the macro fixed so it doesn't
> trigger checkpkg warnings.
>
> This is normal and they are safe to ignore - that's why they are warnings
> instead of errors.
> The reason is that the automatic rules just override errors which can
> occur without checking
> if they occur (this would require checking code inside the obsoletion
> which is only done at a
> much later stage).

Are these overrides still useful in some case ?

Yann