[csw-maintainers] checkpkg for builds spanning on 2 or more days (again)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 5 09:58:49 CET 2012

Hi Maciej,

Am 05.12.2012 um 09:40 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> 2012/12/5 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
>> The repackage should now be considerable faster. I'll also have a look
>> on how this could be fixed.
>
> I think the problem is that the date tag is calculated multiple times
> independently, instead of being calculated once and then fixed; it
> could be either near the packaging start date or packaging stop date.
>
> Is this some kind of a fundamental problem? (I don't think we
> shouldn't try to speed up package builds spanning days, but it's
> common to do some packaging around midnight, and the same problem
> occurs.)

It is a fundamental problem and the name is calculated multiple times. The problem
is the multiple subinvocations, the package names must be calculated only on the first
invocation and passed to deeper levels. However, the filenames need to be associated
with the generated packages. In general the problem is rather easy, but fiddling it into
the existing make-system is a bit hairy.