[csw-maintainers] Cherry-picking unstable packages

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 13 13:56:41 CET 2012

Le 29/11/2012 15:02, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński a écrit :
> 4) switch to the kiel catalog
>
> The kiel catalog is now what dublin used to be - it gets periodic
> updates from the unstable catalog, so you're likely to avoid temporary
> problems when a package is uploaded, then detected as problematic, and
> fixed or rolled back. The kiel catalog will eventually become the
> testing catalog, but it's not at the moment, and will not until dublin
> becomes the stable catalog.
Thanks, we used this option.

Now, we just have to balance the interest of globally updating every
already installed package from testing to kiel catalog, or just the ones
required to install new additional packages. The second option is more
conservative, but seems to be quite difficult to achieve with rsyslog,
as it is a native package with more versionned dependencies on core
libraries (libgcc and liblz1).

--
BOFH excuse #189:

SCSI's too wide.