[csw-maintainers] Garbage collection in allpkgs

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sun Dec 30 20:21:49 CET 2012

"Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> The 'allpkgs' directory does contain a history of packages, but it
> doesn't contain all transient (and often broken) 19 different versions
> of MySQL that happened to be in unstable for 2 days, but only the 3 or
> 4 versions that are actually used somewhere in our catalogs. I thought
> that was good enough. If you disagree, I will put the 24GB of junk
> back in allpkgs; but I remain unconvinced that they are actually
> useful.

Isn't the set allpkgs the union of all the named releases, e.g. dublin,
kiel, &c. ? If that is true we must offer only that. To offer all the
instances of our packages that were produced over the time can be a
waste of resources, material and spiritual, i.e. is very difficult for
someone to create a coherent set of that even if he's perusing the
source control system's history of the recipes. Consequently, I support
Maciej proposition.
--
Peter