[csw-maintainers] Inconsistency on package database

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 24 14:52:59 CET 2012

Hi Ben,

Am 24.02.2012 um 14:47 schrieb Ben Walton:
> Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Thu Feb 23 08:41:11 -0500 2012:
>> One more thing: the bugs associated with an obsoleted package like
>> samba_common are still in the bugtracker, but are no longer visible
>> for the maintainer by showing the maintainer bug status as the
>> obsoleted package is not associated with the maintainer although it
>> was built in the batch. See again samba_common for my bug report
>> page: http://www.opencsw.org/buglist/maintainer.cgi?maintainer='dam'
>> and in the toplist of all bugs:
>> http://www.opencsw.org/buglist/buglist.cgi
>
> When packages are stubbed out, the bugs are supposed to be moved to
> one of the other projects that obsoletes them.  Is this not what's
> happening or am I misunderstanding the problem you've noticed?

Correct, this is not happening. Please browse on the bugtracker directly
to samba by visiting
  https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/
and then use the popup to select "samba_common". Then open the search filter
and set "Hide Status" to "none", then lots of bugs appear which I closed
yesterday. From your description I would have expected that they would have
been moved to "samba", as samba_common was obsoleted by this one. However,
please note that a package may be obsoleted by more than one package, so it
may be best to just leave the bugs and re-register the _stub packages.
I tend to leave artifacts in the view so they are clearly visible instead of
applying different levels of magic.