[csw-maintainers] Inconsistency on package database

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 26 20:23:30 CET 2012

Ben Walton wrote:
> Excerpts from Ben Walton's message of Sun Feb 26 12:32:13 -0500 2012:
>
> > If anyone is putting real effort into making a nice package browser
> > based on the buildfarm db though, let me know as I'd rather spend
> > effort on that than polishing this turd if it's going to be
> > replaced. :)
>
> Just to clarify, I'm referring to our limited legacy db schema and
> single arch/rel view of the package db here.  My code isn't perfect by
> any stretch but I don't think it's a turd... *g*

Sure. As far as the package browser is concerned, I wrote this AJAX
proof of concept:

http://quinoa.blizinski.pl/~maciej/opencsw/test.html

It is a static HTML file, and yet it displays current information from
the buildfarm database.  It dynamically fetches data from the buildfarm
and fills the fields on the page.

Arguably it adds about 1s to the page latency, but frees the package
browser from the problems with local database schema.