[csw-maintainers] Inconsistency on package database

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 26 22:29:07 CET 2012

With relation to our discussion about how to integrate the web database
with with buildfarm database, I'd like to raise the question of a REST
interface.

Trygve's ideas were ahead of his times. We're slowly catching up with
the suggestions he presented in the summercamp in Oslo.

My ad-hoc REST endpoints seem to serve us well.  Current endpoints are
linked from the buildfarm database page[2].  They can be summarized as
follows:

- all svr4 files in a catalog (catalogname, arch, os-release)
  has a quick (30s) version and a slow (180s) version
- filename to pkgname in a catalog
- catalogname to svr4 file in a catalog
- pkgname (pkginst) to svr4 file in a catalog
- maintainer details by id
- basic svr4 file detail (fast)
- fill svr4 file detail (slower)
- list of files in a svr4 file

What do people think about these endpoints? Can we keep on using them or
do we need to redesign them before we build too much dependencies around
them?

Maciej

[1] http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2012-February/016113.html
[2] http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/