[csw-maintainers] catalog / package name issues

İhsan Doğan ihsan at opencsw.org
Mon Feb 27 15:59:29 CET 2012

Hi,

While packaging Email-MIME-Attachment-Stripper, I've run into several
issues. The package name suggested by Gar is
CSWpm-email-mime-attachment-stripper. Because the name is too long,
pkgmk refuses to create a package.

If I shorten the package name to CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper,
checkpkg complains about

CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper +=
pkginfo-bad-catalogname|pm_email_mime-attachment_stripper

CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper +=
catalogname-does-not-match-pkgname|pkgname=CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper|catalogname=pm_email_mime-attachment_stripper|expected-catalogname=pmemailmimeattachmentstripper

CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper += catalogname-too-long

CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper +=
pkginfo-opencsw-repository-uncommitted

What would be recommended name for this package?

Ihsan

--
ihsan at dogan.ch		http://blog.dogan.ch/