[csw-maintainers] catalog / package name issues

İhsan Doğan ihsan at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 28 08:47:18 CET 2012

Hi Dago,

On 02/27/2012 04:07 PM, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

>> While packaging Email-MIME-Attachment-Stripper, I've run into several
>> issues. The package name suggested by Gar is
>> CSWpm-email-mime-attachment-stripper. Because the name is too long,
>> pkgmk refuses to create a package.
>>
>> If I shorten the package name to CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper,
>> checkpkg complains about
>>
>> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper +=
>> pkginfo-bad-catalogname|pm_email_mime-attachment_stripper
>>
>> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper +=
>> catalogname-does-not-match-pkgname|pkgname=CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper|catalogname=pm_email_mime-attachment_stripper|expected-catalogname=pmemailmimeattachmentstripper
>>
>> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper += catalogname-too-long
>>
>> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpmemailmimeattachmentstripper +=
>> pkginfo-opencsw-repository-uncommitted
>>
>> What would be recommended name for this package?
>
> Please always keep the syntax clean, that means leave the hyphens in place.
> If necessary, shorten the package name hard at the end (which GAR could have
> done). That means
>   CSWpm-email-mime-attachment-stri
>
> The catalog name should include the full module name.

Thanks for the hint, Dago.

> Checkpkg should then be smart enough to not complain (I think it will
> complain, but that should be fixed then).

Checkpkg still complains:

CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpm-email-mime-attachment-stri +=
pkginfo-bad-catalogname|pm_email_mime-attachment_stripper

CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpm-email-mime-attachment-stri +=
catalogname-does-not-match-pkgname|pkgname=CSWpm-email-mime-attachment-stri|catalogname=pm_email_mime-attachment_stripper|expected-catalogname=pm_email_mime_attachment_stri

CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWpm-email-mime-attachment-stri += catalogname-too-long

I guess, I can override these?

Ihsan

--
ihsan at dogan.ch		http://blog.dogan.ch/