[csw-maintainers] progress report

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 15 20:47:33 CET 2012

Hi folks,

Am 15.01.2012 um 20:39 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
> Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:
>> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Sun Jan 15 07:21:44 -0500 2012:

>>> I would vote for hosting it in a way that is accessible from outside
>>> the buildfarm. I often do coding locally to avoid network lag in an
>>> interactive session, I also have faster cores available locally. We
>>> can do onsite / internal backups, but as far as usability is
>>> concerned, but this doesn't mean we can't use a solution which is
>>> easy in a day-to-day use.
>>
>> If we open the required ports from mirror.opencsw.org (ssh, maybe
>> git), this can be accessible off-buildfarm.  It could also be rolled
>> into the svn tree (Peter F's preference iirc).

Just wait: mirror.opencsw.org was the same host as buildfarm.opencsw.org
some time ago, but now mirror.* is the official mirror in Erlangen
while buildfarm is still the buildfarm. I suggest just using buildfarm*
for access and it should work immediately without any port changes.

> Yeah. Also, I thought that subversion is our SCM of choice but it seams
> that there are as many as people.

Subversion is our SCM of choice, however, if any one is feeling better
by using private gateways to any other repo he is free to do so.