[csw-maintainers] Cyrus imapd update

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 16 16:55:37 CET 2012

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Mon Jan 16 04:33:40 -0500 2012:

> - the unstable catalog contains version 2.3.16
>   http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/unstable/i386/5.10/catalog

> - the website declares it's at 2.4.6
>   http://www.opencsw.org/packages/cyrus_imapd/

This is likely an artifact from the old processes.  If I recall
correctly, this package submission triggered a discussion about file
collisions (/opt/csw/bin/imapd) and the registration of the update was
never completed.

> I don't know how we got into this state, but in a perfect world at
> least the first three should match.

Registrations that failed with a file collision leave things in a half
baked-state.  In fact, I think the new code likely does this too.  I
should change the ordering such that files are registered for a new
package before we touch the other data.  That would let us fail early
on a package leaving only that table inconsistent.

Thanks