[csw-maintainers] OpenCSW manual

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jan 20 11:37:33 CET 2012

Hello maintainers,

Dago and I talked recently about the next generation of OpenCSW
documentation. Dago's take on the topic was that there are 3 key
audiences that our documentation needs to address:

1. System administrators
2. Developers
3. Package maintainers

The policy documents we've talked in the past would be part of the
manual for package maintainers.

I experimented with Sphinx, a tool which allows to compile
documentation written in reStructuredText into HTML, epub and other
formats. I've prepared a stub and put it into pkg/opencsw-manual.

https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/opencsw-manual/trunk/

There is also a version (a stub) compiled to HTML:

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~maciej/opencsw-manual/

Apart from my proof-of-concept port of the shared libraries document,
it's only a skeleton.

We could divide the work, for example one person could write the
section for administrators, another person for developers; other
people could review it as a whole.

Would anyone be interested in working on the document?