[csw-maintainers] Rewiring dependencies

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 26 19:43:49 CET 2012

Hi Peter,

Am 26.01.2012 um 17:57 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
> Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:
>> As we are facing massive rebuild times not only due to dependency updates
>> but also Solaris 11 I have some more radical ideas:
>
> Solaris 11 ?

Yes. An IPS backend is in the works. unstable11s and unstable11x are
already available and bootstrapped with OpenCSW SysV-packages.
It is possible to produce SysV-packages on Solaris 11 too with GAR.

>> 2. Activate buildbot again
>
> Does it work ?

It did work in the past and asynchronously running lots of builds
with automatic bumping could save a lot of work.

>> 3. Enhanced package hierarchy
>>
>> Add one more directory catalog/ in a package directory besides branches/, tags/ and trunk/
>> which contains a subdirectory for each catalog a package is in. This ensures easy
>> bugfixing in named catalogs and use auto-build packages for propagation in the catalog.
>
> Cannot be tag == catalog ?

A tag is for me something immutable (at least logically), but we could also
add it to branches. Having a separate directory makes it IMHO more clear as it
is not "just a branch" and another dir on this level won't hurt.