[csw-maintainers] zeromq build failing on i386: Too many open files (signaler.cpp:300)

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 5 10:37:09 CEST 2012

Hi Dago,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Does this mean the build depends on your home directory? That would be bad.
> I suggest using
>   file/bash_profile
>   DISTFILES += bash_profile
>   BASH_ENV=$(WORKSRC)/bash_profile
> to make the recipe portable.

I'm just getting back to this after a vacation. I found that I needed
to use the $(WORKDIR) variable to get the correct directory containing
the file I need to source. So I'm doing this in my Makefile:

DISTFILES  += set-ulimit-for-build-test
EXTRA_TEST_ENV += BASH_ENV=$(WORKDIR)/set-ulimit-for-build-test

So the BASH_ENV is now being expanded like so, during the testing phase:

BASH_ENV=work/solaris9-i386/build-isa-i386/set-ulimit-for-build-test

The problem is that bash cannot find the 'set-ulimit-for-build-test'
file since it doesn't know where the "work" directory is. If I set
this instead:

EXTRA_TEST_ENV +=
BASH_ENV=~/opencsw/zeromq/trunk/$(WORKDIR)/set-ulimit-for-build-test

it works as expected but I'm having to hard-code the
"~/opencsw/zeromq/trunk/" part of the path.

Do you have any suggestions on how I might be able to get this to work
without hard-coding "~/opencsw/zeromq/trunk/" ?

Thank you,
Romeo