[csw-maintainers] Solaris versions on the public build farm

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sat Jul 7 15:21:07 CEST 2012

I spent some time battling with the build of libxvidcore. The issue was
quite opaque until I discovered that the linker on the public build farm
has not the same version as on my private build farm (which is pure
Solaris 10 U10).

On the public build farm, the linker is of version 5.10-1.500 when on
the private build-farm, the verion of the linker is 5.10-1.1505. The
incriminated difference is the support of long options in the more
recent linker, particularly --soname as an alias of -h; the long option
can be found in the GNU linker, -soname variation. This has confused the
build system as myself. For me the issue is solved but can raise
confusion for others as many upstream projects, xvid being part of them,
has patched their build system to support the latest Solaris versions...

Can we have an assessment of the versions installed in the public build
farm? Ideally we should have the last versions, isn't it?
--
Peter