[csw-maintainers] Openssl migration: status update for group 1

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 13 11:07:14 CEST 2012

Hi Yann,

Am 12.07.2012 um 23:54 schrieb Yann Rouillard:
> I have again some spare cycles and I want to use them on the openssl migration so we don't delay indefinitely the release of the group 1.
> So here a quick status update:
>
> 22 packages are now waiting to be updated or dropped in the group 1, before we can release the already updated packages.
> claws_htmlviewer, claws_mail and libetpan: I didn't have any objection against the removal of these packages, so I will proceed.
> boincclient, boinclibs and boincmanager: Maciej proposed to drop these packages, I will ping the maintainer about this but I propose to follow this idea unless the maintainer answers or someone else steps up.
> gnucash: Peter, have you been able to made some progress on this package ?
> libserf0_0 and xmlrpc_c: Dago noticed that theses packages don't have any reverse dependancies, I will remove them unless someone objects.
> libgnomecups, libgnomeprint, libbonoboui and gnomevfs2: Dago, you began to work on these libraries. Have you made some progress ? (FYI, I am currently trying to continue to work on gnomevfs2).

Not yet, and I will also be away until end of next week :-(
> icecast: Dago you are the maintainer of this package, do you need some help to update it ?

I have reworked it, but I wanted to fix all open bugs at the same time. I could release
a version right now, but the SMF manifest is still missing.

> libneon26: Dago proposed to rebuild or drop as only gstplugins_bad depend of this package. Any objection to the removal of gstplugins_bad ?

The problem is that neon_stub (CSWneon) depends on libneon26 and lots of packages still depend on CSWneon, so this requires
a rebuild of neon dropping foreign dependency to libneon26. Catalog integrity as a whole should be taken a close look when
dropping packages. I think package chains like this are currently not looked by default.

> ooocore: I had no answer from James, I will ping him again but I propose to remove the package from unstable if don't have a quick answer. Anyway, the package has not been updated since nearly 3 years.
> courier_imap: juraj, you stepped up to takeover this package. Have you made some progress ?
> proftpd: I will directly ping the maintainer and I will try to update the existing recipe and I will upload an updated version of the package even if the maintainer doesn't answer.
> dovecot: I will directly ping the maintainer to see if he can update the package quickly or if he needs some help.
> postfix: as agreed with Juraj, I updated the recipe and compiled the package. Juraj can you test and release the package ?
> hobbit: the package has not been updated for 5 years. I propose to remove this package from unstable unless someone quickly steps up to takeover the package.

IIRC Jürgen wanted to take a look at this.

> libpq: packages depending on libpq should be recompiled with libpq5.
This affects the following packages:

aide	Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment
courier_auth	Generic authentication API for Courier mail services
dovecot	Secure IMAP server
php5_pdopgsql	The pdopgsql extention for PHP5
php5_pgsql	The pgsql extention for PHP5
pm_dbdpg

I think most of them are already rebuild.