[csw-maintainers] GAR: CONFIGURE_ARGS specific to an ISA

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Mon Jul 23 19:52:25 CEST 2012

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 23.07.2012 um 15:24 schrieb pfelecan at opencsw.org:
>> When building a package for wich the BUILD64 flag is activated, how can I
>> have different content for CONFIGURE_ARGS for a specific ISA?
>
> That is easy:
>   CONFIGURE_ARGS-32 = abc
>   CONFIGURE_ARGS-64 = def
>   CONFIGURE_ARGS += $(CONFIGURE_ARGS-$(MEMORYMODEL))
> or something similar.

Thank you. IMHO this is good candidate for an example in the "Building
multiple ISA" documentation page. Also, documenting MEMORYMODEL as a
read only environment variable is appropriate.

>> Concretely, building gdb with python bindings is possible only for a 32
>> bit version as out Python offering has no 64 bit version yet. However, gdb
>> built on 32 bit can debug 64 bit processes and I wish to have the python
>> binding available at least for that ISA (e.g. debugging Qt programs is
>> more easy with python scripts).
>

> I suggest you proceed this way until we get the tcl 8.5 with 32/64 released.

Note that my variability concerns Python and not TCL; for TCL the issue
is the missing "private" headers which should be provided by the TCL
development package.
--
Peter