[csw-maintainers] How to package MoinMoinWiki

Juergen Arndt ja at opencsw.org
Sun Jul 29 21:17:20 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a package for the MoinMoinWiki [1]. The package itself is functional, but I have a few questions, how to do it right.

(1) The MoinMoinWiki stores it's information in the file system, not in a database. So where would be a good place to store all the - user created - wiki sites?
(1.1) By default, the wiki want's to store the sites under /opt/csw/share/moin/data.
(1.3) One could say, the data should be stored somewhere under /var , as it is "variable". In fact, it would be the same as (1.2) with $HOME=/var/...
(1.4) It's absolutely up to the user to decide where to create data directories and to configure the wiki accordingly. I think, this is the way, Debian does it.

Maybe (1.4) would be the best way to do it, as the user has full flexibility. Of course, (1.2) would be more convenient.

(2) What would be the right name for the package / catalog? The MoinMoinWiki is written in python. mgar suggests CSWpy-<...> and as a catalog name py_<...>. I also read [2], but as my python knowledge is very close to zero, an advice will be very appreciated.
For orientation I took a look at Debian, there the package is called python-moinmoin. This would be equivalent to CSWpy-<...> if I'm not wrong.
So, what about CSWpy-moinmoin?

Regards,
Juergen

[1] http://moinmo.in/