[csw-maintainers] Greetings

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 6 08:07:32 CEST 2012

2012/6/6 Romeo Theriault <romeotheriault at opencsw.org>:
> My name is Romeo Theriault. I'm a Systems/SAN administrator for the
> University of Hawaii System. Prior to this I was a SA/SAN admin for
> the University of Maine System. With both of these jobs I've been
> working with Solaris. I've created a few custom solaris packages over
> the years but am by no means a expert packager. So I have some
> learning to do in this area, which I'm looking forward to. I requested
> to become a opencsw package maintainer for the following piece of
> software: Salt (http://saltstack.org/)

Welcome aboard, Romeo! Packaging Salt is a very cool undertaking.
Also, ZeroMQ is a very interesting project which I wanted us to have
in the catalog.

Something I always ask for when a new member joins the project, is
feedback on the documentation. We know that it's outdated, unclear or
plain wrong, but we don't see it, because we have all the knowledge
ready in our brains, and we don't notice. Only a new member actually
sees when something is unclear or missing. So please do point out
places where documentation needs to be updated or corrected. If you
can, feel free to correct the docs yourself (do you have an account on
wiki.opencsw.org?) or write to maintainers@ with your comments.

You're also welcome on the IRC channel for quick help. I'm not sure
how time zones will work out ‒ most people are in CEST, with some
people in EST and some in PST. I see that your evenings overlap with
CEST mornings, so this might be the best time to meet online.