[csw-maintainers] openssl relinking effort

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 8 04:44:03 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Yann Rouillard's message of Thu Jun 07 03:42:40 -0400 2012:

Hi Yann,

> I suppose we should look first for every package linked with openssl
> which depend on a library also linked with openssl.  Can we easily
> extract that information from the database ?

Yes, we should target packages that can lead to double-inclusion
first.  Anything else could be 'as needed.'

Exim is another example of a package where both versions of the
library are included.  The double-include there is via openldap.  In
my own personal use of exim this won't hurt, but anyone doing ldap
lookups could expect some problems, I think.

Thanks