[csw-maintainers] New version of Gimp out

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 8 10:40:14 CEST 2012

2012/6/8 Jeffery Small <jeff at cjsa.com>:
> Gimp 2.8 is now out.  It would be nice to update to the new version when
> possible.  The website says that Phil Brown is the maintainer, so this
> package may get dead-ended unless someone else picks it up.

As a team, we focus more on server software these days. We mostly do
efforts if there are specific requests for new packages or updates.
There was once an idea to form a desktop team[1], but it didn't take
off.

People who use specific software are best maintainers, because they
can tell if something works well or not. I'm curious, who here is
actually using desktop applications on Solaris? (I'm not.)

Maciej

[1] http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2010-June/012358.html