[csw-maintainers] docdir and datadir for gxx packages

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 15 21:51:04 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Fri Jun 15 15:31:39 -0400 2012:

> The problem is when we have packages compiled both with Sun Studio
> and gxx competing for the files. For licenses it is easy as the
> docdir contains the catalogname of the package in the path which is
> unique.  This is not true for datadir.

If we're building with both compilers, this would be via modulation,
right?  The merge should just land one version over the other and we
then split that out into something both package depend on.  If we only
build with one compiler or the other, it wouldn't be a problem.

The only problem I could see is if for some reason the data in those
directories isn't agnostic about what uses it and embeds paths to the
gxx directory...that shouldn't happen but I wouldn't be that it
doesn't. :)

Thanks