[csw-maintainers] openssl relinking effort

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 17 17:27:07 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Sat Jun 16 16:37:48 -0400 2012:

> As time goes but, I wish more and more that we have some sort of GAR
> recipe validator. In this case, it would check for libssl
> dependencies, and if any were found, it would suggest expanding
> PACKAGING_PLATFORMS to Solaris 10.

It would be easy enough to add this check directly in GAR, but that
would be single purpose and not the type of generic tool you're
proposing.  What you're talking about would need to be catalog aware
so that any library package with differing versions between 9 and 10
would trigger the addition.

Thanks