[csw-maintainers] MySQL built with GCC → mysql config vs bindings

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue Jun 19 19:14:14 CEST 2012

Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:

> Unless we make a hard standardization on one compiler, this problem
> won't be easily solved, I don't think.
>
> What do others think?

For the majority of projects coming from the GNU and associates, using
gcc is the best thing that we can do. To simplify thing, all libraries
and development tools should be built with gcc; as a side effect we
avoid /opt/csw/gxx and other horrors. Using studio can be an option for
end user applications, i.e. on which there are no dependencies; of
course, for those application written in C++ it becomes mandatory to use
gcc.

These were my 2 drachmas of evening wisdom
--
Peter