[csw-maintainers] MySQL built with GCC → mysql config vs bindings

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 25 03:13:55 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Peter FELECAN's message of Sun Jun 24 14:07:13 -0400 2012:

Hi Peter,

> Not only C++ based projects are impacted. As I mentioned in this
> thread, you can have similar issues with C based projects when the
> pkg-config files contain Sun Studio specific arguments; I suspect
> that there are shared objects issues also but I'm not sure yet
> (still exploring).

Yes, sorry, I'd forgotten to discuss that point.  This means that a
switch to GNU as the preferred compiler set means we'd need to rebuild
any C++ app with a footprint in $(libdir) in addition to any package
providing a *-config program.

Thanks