[csw-maintainers] Openssl 1.0 migration and desktop packages removal

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Tue Jun 26 22:32:54 CEST 2012

Hi again,

Following the email from Dago, I am rather asking first if people are
interested in taking over the maintenance or want to continue to actively
maintain the listed packages.
So:

1. claws_htmlviewer <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/claws_htmlviewer>,
claws_mail <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/claws_mail> et
libetpan<http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libetpan>

These packages were maintained by Alex Moore but he is retired now.
Is anyone interested in taking over the maintenance of these packages ?

I propose to remove these packages from unstable if there are no volunteer.

2. ooocore <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/ooocore>

James, do you want to continue to maintain this package ?

3. bzflag <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/bzflag>

Dago, do you want to continue to maintain this package ? (didn't know that
game btw)

4. grip <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/grip> and
gnucash<http://www.opencsw.org/packages/gnucash>

Peter, you're the current maintainer of these 2 packages. Will you continue
to maintain them ?
(If yes, can you answer to 5. and 6. ? :) )

5. libgnomeprint <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libgnomeprint> and
libgnomecups <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libgnomecups>

Ken Mays was the maintainer of these packages but he is retired.
The only reverse dependancy seems to be gnucash.
Peter, are you interested in taking over the maintenance of these packages ?

6. libgnome <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libgnome>,
libbonoboui<http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libbonoboui>
 and gnomevfs2 <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/gnomevfs2>

The reverse dependancies are gvim, gnucash, grip and gthumb.
Dago, Carsten and Peter. Are you interested in taking over the maintenance
of these packages ?

Of course, feel free to step up if you're not cited but interested in
taking over the maintenance of an orphaned package !

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Yann