[csw-maintainers] Tiers

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 5 19:00:13 CET 2012

2012/3/5 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> I agree. It's the matter of actually doing the research.

To me, core is a variety of high profile packages one would expect to
find if new to Solaris or often install as a more experienced Solaris
admin. Obviously AMP but also a compiler and a couple of languages,
mail, DNS and some security related packages. It can be debated which
packages are most "popular" of course but this is my initial selection
to start with.

apache2 - A high performance Unix-based HTTP server.
bind - ISC BIND DNS main package
cas_cpsampleconf - Class action script cpsampleconf
cas_cptemplates - Class action script cptemplates
cas_crontab - Class action script crontab
cas_etcservices - Class action script etcservices
cas_etcshells - Class action script etcshells
cas_inetd - Class action script inetd
cas_initsmf - Class action script initsmf
cas_migrateconf - Class action script migrateconf
cas_postmsg - Class action script postmsg
cas_preserveconf - Class action script preserveconf
cas_pycompile - Class action script pycompile
cas_texinfo - Class action script texinfo
cas_usergroup - Class action script usergroup
common - common files and dirs for CSW packages
cswpki - The OpenCSW PKI Collection
gcc4core - GNU C compiler
mysql5 - Multithreaded SQL database
openssh - OpenSSH Secure Shell server
openssl - Openssl meta package
perl - A high-level, general-purpose programming language
php5 - A High-Level Scripting Language
pkgutil - Installs Solaris packages easily
python - A high-level scripting language, 2.6 series
samba - Tools to access a servers filespace and printers via SMB (server)
sendmail - Sendmail MTA

These 27 packages with the dependencies needed results in 127
packages. I think it's best to populate core manually. Please
everyone, chime in with your suggestions to remove/add to the above
list.

Active however, I think one way to populate it would be to look at all
packages submitted the last 12 months and extract all maintainers from
those. Now all packages owned by those maintainers (minus core
packages) are active packages. The rest, all minus active minus core,
are unmaintained.

Can you Maciej with some db magic do what I suggest for active?

/peter