[csw-maintainers] release pygtk 2.17.0

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 12 10:46:58 CET 2012

2012/3/12 Carsten Grzemba <grzemba at contac-dt.de>:
> I have build a new version py-gtk 2.17.0, the old was 2.12.1 and not
> properly packaged.
> With pygtk can GUI designed with glade and implemented in python.
> I have do some tests and I am happy with the results so that I recommend to
> push this package to unstable.

Looks good. Please do.

One thing to think about is whether this update might break other
existing packages. If not, feel free to push. If you know of how it
could break something (e.g. through a backward-incompatibility of a
library), you need to think about a plan how to make it go smoothly.
Looking at http://www.opencsw.org/packages/pygtk/ I see gnome and
skencil as dependencies. You can see if skencil still works. Gnome is
a metapackage, so there might be something that uses pygtk and is
pulled in by CSWgnome, but I don't know about specific applications of
that kind. Maybe the gnome_python package would suffer. I was built in
2004, and who knows if it even works any more. Use your best
judgement.

> For that the packages py_gobject (2.21.1), py_cairo (1.8.10) was also
> updated and already pushed to unstable.
> Comments are welcome.

Good job!