[csw-maintainers] Inconsistency on package database

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 14 10:31:57 CET 2012

Hi Ben,

Am 24.02.2012 um 14:46 schrieb Ben Walton:
> Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Thu Feb 23 08:32:08 -0500 2012:
>> While the SUNW deps can be safely ignored by the package database
>> the missing deps to the other packages is really bad: these are
>> obsoleted packages transformed to _stub which are no longer in the
>> package database.  I think either the display needs to be adjusted
>> to view by what it has been obsoleted or the stub packages need to
>> be re-added to the database.
>
> Yes, this is a problem.  I'll look at it over the weekend.  It should
> be fairly easy to either add all _stubs and setup the deps again or to
> use the stub info to register the transitive dependency instead.

I just noticed the problem still exists: e.g. the page for libidn is still missing:
  http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libidn/
although the libidn_stub package is in the catalog:
  /opencsw-official/unstable/sparc/5.10/libidn_stub-1.24,REV=2012.01.17-SunOS5.9-all-CSW.pkg.gz

The result is that package having lots of _stub dependencies don't have them
shown like icecast, which also depends on the legacy libidn:
  http://www.opencsw.org/packages/icecast/

Would you mind having a look?