[csw-maintainers] more file conflicts...

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 16 16:01:43 CET 2012

2012/3/16 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Fri Mar 16 09:12:10 -0400 2012:
>
>> Checkpkg currently alerts on any file conflicts, but as with any
>> other error tag, you can override it if you believe that this is the
>> right thing to do. The error tag is thrown regardless of i-deps. I
>> could implement the following:
>
> Ok.  Could it hard error (no override) unless your modification below
> is made and there is an I-dep?

I've been resisting any hard errors. The machine should not assume
it's always smarter than a human. If you want to nag maintainers
during future builds, you can modify the build recipes and remove all
the overrides for the file conficts. Otherwise, we can introduce a new
error tag name for which there will be no overrides in the code base,
e.g. incompatible-pkg-missing or something similar.

>> If there is a file conflict with a package which is not in i-deps,
>> throw an error and suggest either moving the file away or adding an
>> i-dep entry.
>
> +1 for this.
>
>> I think you can drop the unique paths check - this is already
>> handled by checkpkg.
>
> Gladly.  I'll implement this quick fix and kick the global re-import
> again.

Cool!