[csw-maintainers] Processing csw.conf

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sun Mar 18 09:00:20 CET 2012

2012/3/18 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> What's the best way to process the csw.conf file?
>
> I looked into pkg/cswclassutils/trunk/files/CSWcswclassutils.i.cswinitsmf
> and slow this:
>
> # Source csw.conf, if it exists
> if [ -f $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT/opt/csw/etc/csw.conf ] ; then
>  . $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT/opt/csw/etc/csw.conf
> fi
> if [ -f $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT/etc/opt/csw/csw.conf ] ; then
>  . $PKG_INSTALL_ROOT/etc/opt/csw/csw.conf
> fi
> (...)
>  # Determine if service should be started or not
>  daemon=yes
>  if [ "$autoenable_daemons" = "no" ]; then
>    daemon=no
>  fi
>  eval autoenable_service="\$autoenable_$service"
>  if [ "$autoenable_service" = "no" ]; then
>    daemon=no
>  elif [ "$autoenable_service" = "yes" ]; then
>    daemon=yes
>  fi
>
> Is the idea that each and every postinstall script that needs to
> determine the settings, must on their own figure out:
>
> - the location of the file
> - how to read the file (source or parse)
> - how to extract specific variables
>
> I thought we had some kind of a library that solves this once for
> good. Do we have anything like it?
>
> (more context: https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=4409)

How csw.conf should be processed was documented clearly on the old web
site, maybe it got lost on the new one? We had a dedicated page for
that.

Regarding the bug mentioned, just remove the disable command in
syslog-ng like Sebastian said. I don't think there's a need to act
smart here, we should never touch Solaris stuff.