[csw-maintainers] python library directory

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 6 09:42:17 CET 2012

Hi Romeo,

On Nov 5, 2012 7:22 AM, "Romeo Theriault" <romeotheriault at opencsw.org>
wrote:

> Hi Ben, Thanks for the update. I'll get started on doing some
> tomorrow. But I have a few questions, see below:
>
> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> > I haven't done much in the last few days as I've been in the middle of
> > moving but I'm hoping to get rolling again shortly.  On the
> > experimental10* boxes, I've been working through the package set and
> > placing updated packages in /home/experimental/python26-lib/.  As
> > needed, these updated versions are installed on the experimental
> > hosts.
>
> I guess after you build them you're installing them on the
> experimental10* hosts. I'm guessing I should do the same? Are you
> doing any testing on them besides verifying they install fine?

I am only installing when needed as a dependency. I rely on the provided
test suite (if any) for verification and am not doing any other checks at
this point. Once the collection is rebuilt we can do more thorough things
if desired. For now I'm focusing on getting the recipes updated if required
and the rebuild completed.