[csw-maintainers] checkpkg for builds spawning on 2 or more days

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 15 16:30:33 CET 2012

2012/11/15 <pfelecan at opencsw.org>

> The package libkpathsea6 is generated on September 27 but the checking
> take place on September 30...
>
> Here is what I got:
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/home/pfelecan/staging/build-30.Sep.2012/libkpathsea6-20120701,REV=2012.09.27-SunOS5.10-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz'
> gmake[1]: *** [pkgcheck] Error 2

...and the file doesn't exist, right? I blame GAR. checkpkg has to
get the right file name, it's not sane to do in any other way.

If it takes days for these operations, you can try running checkpkg by
hand. Look what the options are there, against which catalog release,
architecture and OS release you want to check it, and see what
happens.

Meanwhile, GAR needs to learn how to not re-evaluate file names.