[csw-maintainers] Bratislava

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 25 13:12:16 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> 2012/11/25 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>
>> I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to omit GAR from the process of
>> building CSWcommon?  The makefile could override any required targets
>> to drive the packing commands directly.  It's a simple package without
>> much in the way of complexity and is already a bit of a special case.
>> We could even just have a script instead of a makefile?
>
> I talked about this with Dago, and the conclusion was that we're
> getting rid of CSWcommon, it's not that useful anyway. I put empty
> CSWcommon into bratislava, but it's only so that I could reuse libgcc
> from unstable. After I rebuild GCC for bratislava, we're removing the
> remnants of CSWcommon.

Ok, that works for me.  The only downside that I see here is that
catalog analysis would require handling a forest instead of a single
tree.  For any practical purposes this doesn't matter.  So long
CSWcommon and thanks for all the fish!

Thanks