[csw-maintainers] dbus machine IDs

Oliver Kiddle opk at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 2 18:56:50 CEST 2012

On a newly installed server, I tried running gvim and it pops up with this message:

Failed to contact configuration server; the most common cause is a missing or misconfigured D-Bus session bus daemon. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Cannot spawn a message bus without a machine-id: Unable to load /var/opt/csw/lib/dbus/machine-id: Failed to open file '/var/opt/csw/lib/dbus/machine-id': No such file or directory)

Should that perhaps have been setup from the dbus package's postinstall.
Or do I need to enable the dbus service somehow?

Thanks

Oliver