[csw-maintainers] map-file getpagesizes vs. getpagesizes2

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 18 20:04:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 18.10.2012 um 18:38 schrieb Juraj Lutter <wilbury at opencsw.org>:
> On 10/18/2012 05:41 PM, Jan Holzhueter wrote:
>> I have a funny problem again:
>>
>> /usr/include/sys/mman.h
>>
>> defines this:
>> #ifdef __PRAGMA_REDEFINE_EXTNAME
>> #pragma redefine_extname        getpagesizes    getpagesizes2
>> #else
>> #define getpagesizes    getpagesizes2
>> #endif
>>
>> Which if I'm not wrong results in all getpagesizes calls be remapped to
>> getpagesizes2  which the mapfile of libc does not allow since this is in
>> version 1.22.5
>>
>> Since I'm not good at this stuff. How do I unset this pragma?
>> I would guess I should unset it in the code that uses getpagesizes?
>
> try to #define __STDC__
>
> just my wild guess.

I guess it is not that easy: If the pragma is available the definition is made as
described in
  http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19205-01/819-5265/bjacu/index.html
The header basically means "use always get pagesizes2 where getpagesizes is used".
It does not look like it is possible to revert this. It may be necessary to use a custom
header first or one from an older Solaris release matching the older SUNW linker contract.