[csw-maintainers] ld: fatal: file /lib/libresolv.so: version 'SUNW_2.2.2' is unavailable

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 19 10:45:13 CEST 2012

> I also think we should simplify matters by building with the level we
> require of the users instead of faking it but I think it's important
> that current don't mean latest, it should be a few updates back. The
> update level we require should be announced on the web site.

Overall this is a good approach but it leaves us with the issue that
if we build for u8, someone would need u5.

What if, instead, we always build unstable on "current == latest" and
then when we carve a stable release, we note the minimum level
required there?  The drawback to that is that we'd actually need to
start carving the releases so that people could reasonably be expected
to not run unstable on their production boxes.

Thanks