[csw-maintainers] ld: fatal: file /lib/libresolv.so: version 'SUNW_2.2.2' is unavailable

Jan Holzhueter jh at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 19 11:47:42 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 19.10.12 11:11, schrieb Peter Bonivart:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Overall this is a good approach but it leaves us with the issue that
>> if we build for u8, someone would need u5.
>
> I think the main problem today is that we don't state anywhere what we
> require of the user, that's what leads to problems for users, they
> don't get why this is happening and they ask of us to fix it because
> we never said they had to be up to date all the time.
>
> I think there should be a simple summary on the web site describing
> this and other things they may have to accept when using our packages.
> I asked for this from Phil too but it had to be super complicated so
> nothing ever happened.

After I did look more into fixing it there is no way to get around the
libresolv.so which depends on libnsl 1.9.1 (This is the case since
update 5) unless we would downgrade our whole buildfarm. (Which will not
work since we need T CPU Server Support which is not present in Update 5
iirc)

So I agree we should put on the page that for all packages to function
you need Update 5 Kernel installed.
We should leave the map files in place though since if libresolv/libnsl
is not used it then would work on an older Kernel Version.

Greetings
Jan