[csw-maintainers] python library directory

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 22 22:02:05 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:03 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm planning to tackle the python library directory move from
> /opt/csw/lib/python to /opt/csw/lib/python2.6 in order to remove some
> of the hurdles that modules may experience when working within the CSW
> environment.

I'm not really clear on what the issue is. (?) Is it that some
modules/tools expect the python2.6 directory but it's not there?

This will require rebuilding any package that delivers
> files into /opt/csw/lib/python.  (Project page on the wiki is
> forthcoming.)  In order to not hurt users of the package, I think that
> site.py will need to include /opt/csw/lib/python{,/site-packages} too.
>  This could remove the need for a world rebuild but I'd rather that
> things we control don't depend on this hack.

This sounds fine to me. I'll keep an eye out for a email letting us know
it's time to rebuild the modules.

Thanks,
Romeo