[csw-maintainers] python library directory

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 23 09:29:56 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm planning to tackle the python library directory move from
> /opt/csw/lib/python to /opt/csw/lib/python2.6 in order to remove some
> of the hurdles that modules may experience when working within the CSW
> environment.  This will require rebuilding any package that delivers
> files into /opt/csw/lib/python.  (Project page on the wiki is
> forthcoming.)  In order to not hurt users of the package, I think that
> site.py will need to include /opt/csw/lib/python{,/site-packages} too.
>  This could remove the need for a world rebuild but I'd rather that
> things we control don't depend on this hack.

The project page for the python 2.x library directory fix is here:
http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-python2libdir

I have the base python packages rolled already.  I'm planning to
install it on one of testing boxes and then build some of the base
module packages against it.  Notably this base set would include
anything required by checkpkg.

Is anyone doing "python stuff" on the testing* boxes that this might affect?

Details to follow as things get rolling...

Thanks