[csw-maintainers] bad rpath

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Sat Sep 29 21:22:55 CEST 2012

Hi Jan,

Here is your problem, the following option is used by gcc when linking ffmpeg:
  -Wl,-rpath-link=libpostproc:libswresample:libswscale:libavfilter:libavdevice:libavformat:libavcodec:libavutil:libavresample

This will pass the following option to the linker:
,"-rpath-link=libpostproc:libswresample:libswscale:libavfilter:libavdevice:libavformat:libavcodec:libavutil:libavresample"

The problem is that it is a GNU ld option and not a SUN ld option.
However the "-rpath" option exists in SUN ld, so this option is
understood by SUN ld as "-rpath
-link=libpostproc:libswresample:libswscale:libavfilter:libavdevice:libavformat:libavcodec:libavutil:libavresample",
hence the bad rpath.

I committed a patch to remove the option which doesn't seem useful here.

I also forced SUN strip to be used instead of GNU strip as the latter
corrupts seems to corrupt a SUN specific elf section.

I tested and it build fine, tell me if it works for you.

Yann