[csw-maintainers] Introduction

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 11 10:40:44 CEST 2013

2013/4/10 Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at bender.opencsw.org>:
> I'd be happy with a subset of packages, but those more up-to-date. Eg. compilers or security critical stuff like openssl/openssh.
> Perhaps there will be the need for more packages too (e.g. because some system dependencies are just too old or for other reasons).
>
> I don't know the build system yet, but Macjej already pointed out about possible flexibility problems.
>
> So, again, I come in peace, even if perhaps I stir up something :)

Hey Riccardo, it's good to see new people in here.

I think the best course of action for you is to familiarize yourself
with the build system on Solaris 10, and once you have an idea how it
works, looking into the Solaris 8 stuff. One problematic part would be
running checkpkg which has a number of dependencies such as Python,
with a couple modules and libmagic, but if that fails, maybe you can
build on Solaris 8 and index/check packages on Solaris 9 or 10.

Welcome aboard!